While everybody makes mistakes, there are some actions and forms of behaviour that cannot be tolerated on Discuss Data and which will be sanctioned. In general, rude, inflammatory and inappropriate comments (please read our Netiquette for further details) as well as Data Collections that violate copyright regulations will be deleted by the curator(s). In case of copyright violations, only the Data Files will be deleted; the respective Metadata and Documentation of Data Collection will remain accessible for other users.
In case a registered user feels him-/herself unfairly treated by the curator or wants to challenge the curator’s decision(s), the registered user can call for arbitration. The incoming complains will be dealt with by an ombudsperson who is an affiliated member of the Board of Curators and, as an authority of last resort, the Board of Curators. The Ombudsperson has the power to immediately revise a curator’s decision. At a later stage, the Board of Curators (with the exception of the curator against whom the complaint was made) will discuss the complaint and make a final decision. Please send your complaints to info[at]discuss-data.net.
Registered users can also raise concerns about / make complains against data collections and comments posted by other registered users. Please send your complaints to the responsible curator(s).
First steps: Overview
First steps for new users
- Edit License & Access
- Edit Metadata
- Edit Data Set Description & Add Tags
- Edit Dataset Description
- Dataset Publishing
- Edit Dataset Versions
- Manage Datafiles
- Edit Related Publications
- Data Set Upload
- Edit collaboration
- Edit Data Submission Agreement
- Best Practices for Data Submission
- Best Practices for the Documentation of Data Collection
- Checklist for the Documentation of Data Collection
- Best Practices for Discussion
- Best Practices for Curators
- Best Practices for Interviews
- Best Practices for Informed Consent
- Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice