What is Discuss Data?
Discuss Data is the first research data repository that simultaneously serves as an interactive platform for discussing research data quality with a regional focus on data on the post-Soviet region. With Discuss Data, researchers from all around the globe not only can archive, cite and share their data, but also discuss it online. The discussion aims at providing feedback and enhancing the quality of research data. All datasets published with Discuss Data receive a DOI, so researchers can get credit for their data.
Discuss Data is a collaborative project of the Research Centre for East European Studies at the University of Bremen and the Göttingen State and University Library and is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
First steps: Overview
First steps for new users
- Edit License & Access
- Edit Metadata
- Edit Data Set Description & Add Tags
- Edit Dataset Description
- Dataset Publishing
- Edit Dataset Versions
- Manage Datafiles
- Edit Related Publications
- Data Set Upload
- Edit collaboration
- Edit Data Submission Agreement
- Best Practices for Data Submission
- Best Practices for the Documentation of Data Collection
- Checklist for the Documentation of Data Collection
- Best Practices for Discussion
- Best Practices for Curators
- Best Practices for Interviews
- Best Practices for Informed Consent
- Safeguarding Good Scientific Practice